Steffan Town Planning is an established town planning consultancy based in Brisbane, South-East Queensland. We have years of experience managing town planning applications from the preparation to the decision stage, and offer our clients the best chance to gain approvals for all types of developments.




Follow us on Facebook and Linkedin!


We value every client equally and offer a personal, hands-on approach no matter the size of your project. Steffan Town Planning provides town planning advice as well as all other services associated with town planning matters in Queensland. Please refer to the ‘Services’ section below or our Services page for more information.


Whether you are looking to build a house, do an extension, respond to a Council show cause notice, start a business (commercial or industrial) or subdivide a block, please don’t hesitate to Contact us for all your town planning needs.


Want to know the development potential of your property is? Try our new service DevQld today!

Click the above icon to launch our new service and find out the development potential of your property today!


Small Lot Houses

Steffan Town Planning can provide free advice in relation to your small lot enquiries and can prepare and lodge development applications to vary planning scheme requirements if necessary.

Traditional Building Character overlay

Most houses built prior to Dec 31st 1946 are considered to be under demolition control. Any alteration to these types of houses require development approval. We deal regularly with this type of approval and can ensure a smooth turnaround.

Building Work Not Associated With A Material Change Of Use

Some development will not trigger a planning approval because of its use, rather due to the proposal of building work itself. Most common in Ipswich, certain development will require development approval for building works assessed against the planning scheme.

Centre Activities

A centre activity use can encompass quite a wide range of activities such as; a shop, office, restaurant, church, venue or bar. Depending on the zoning of your property it may trigger a development approval.